Register For Upcoming SLO-EXO Expos
“STALGO exotic” is a Club of lovers and breeders of exotic animals. For many years we have been active in the field of teraristic and aquaristic. In the year 2010 we had the idea, to organize the first international fair of exotic animals in Slovenia. In October, we successfully carried out the first SLO-EXO at the Ljubljana exhibition center. In the last years, we have carried out more than 10 such events.
In 2013, we presented the SLO-EXO expo also in Maribor. We achieved even better result, than the first Fair in Ljubljana.
In the future, we will present SLO-EXO also in Koper-Capadistria near the Italian Border.
Please read all of the rules below
(We added a lot of new information)
What is the SLO-EXO expo?
SLO-EXO is the only international teraristic and aquaristic expo in Slovenia. On more than 200m2 exhibition and sales area are present more than 40 exhibitors and breeders from Europe They sell all sorts of exotic animals, equipment for teraristic and aquaristic, fish, books and other products connected with this hobby.
Signing up for the SLO-EXO fair
At the fair, you can sign up by filling in the registration form. The registration process is only possible on our web page. Please fill in all the necessary information. The information will be immediately visible on our website SLO-EXO. All changes (for example; animal you are going to sell, will be displayed for visitors to see. You can add or remove your sells program, which will be automatically changed.)
How do you register to SLO-EXO:
- Make your own profile on our web page (mandatory)
You design your own profile, add all necessary information, add your logo, your picture, selling program ...
- You can apply to the expo only by filling out the application form on our web page.
(personal registration is possible with prior notice).
- Sales place: When signing up, you can specify a location you would prefer. We will try to arrange, for you required place.
- The Inventory list when you register to the expo, you need to fill out the inventory list with selling articles and animals ( type and quantity). You can update your list till the expo date. Your update will change immediately on the web page SLO-EXO VISITORS.
So please, as soon as possible write down the selling program (exact, as much as you can). Before coming to the fair, selling program should be 100% listed.
The inventory list is not accepted at the expo in person. We recommend you, before coming to the fair, to add to the transport permition also a copy of the inventory list in case the police stops you. In the case of conttrol of veterinary inspection, we will send them the requested documents.
ATTENTION: We can not let you attend the expo, without inventory list. All animals presented on the list should be presented on the fair (at least one animal ). In case you sale animals that are not displayed on the table, you will be excluded from the event.
- By registering via online form you declare:
- you agree with the conditions, rules and legislation concerning exotic animals, that apply in Slovenia, and the EU,
- you will act in accordance with those rules, guidelines and laws that apply in SLO and EU and the rules of SLO-EXO fair,
- that you will follow the laws in the field of invoicing (tax cashir), if this is necessary for your business,
- that you take full responsibility for violation of rules and laws.
For all matters which are not expressly mentioned in the Rules of SLO-EXO , the laws of Slovenia Republic and Europe regulations is applied. All conflicts will be solved internally if possible. If not, the court in Maribor will be in charge to solve conflict.
Prices for the selling space
PAYMENT ON THE SHOW
Selling table: 40 EUR
2 tickets are included, no matter how many tables you take
Extra tickets: 7 EUR
Electricity: 10 EUR (up to 1KW/h)
What happens, if I pay for the Expo in advance, and do not participate?
- • If you let us know, you are not attending SLO-EXO at least 5 days before the show, Refund 100%.
- If you let us know, you are not attending SLO-EXO till one day before the show - Refund 50%.
- If you do not let us know, you are not attending SLO-EXO till the date of the show – NO Refund
- If you resrve and pay tables for more expo and you decide not to go to one of them, we will charge you as it is explained above in the first three points.
- We will refund your payment in 14 days time after the expo.
When can I organize my presentation area??
- One day before the event from 20.00 - 24.00 hour.
- The day of the event from 05:00 to 08:00 hour in the morning.
- Exhibition space has to be prepared one hour before the opening.
Exceptions: If the change is reported to the organizers and they confirm you the exception.
General SLO-EXO rules on the fair
- It is prohibited to stack your selling space higher than 1,8m. (Including the table).
- It is prohibited to put any items behind the selling table (exception’s are the exhibitors that rent more than 6 tables or whole islands).
- It is prohibited to put any items before the selling table (exception’s are the exhibitors that rent more than 6 tables or whole islands).
- Animals and accessories that are not presented on the selling space, can’t be sold (at least one item or one species must be presented on the selling space).
- Selling before starting the expo is strictly prohibited (before 09.00 pm).Selling in front of the expo space is strictly prohibited.
- Animals can’t be carried out of the expo without an appropriate box- Styrofoam box. The boxes can be bought on the expo.
- If you attend the expo as a company, you must get a tax cashier. For associations there are special rules, which you can see on the website of the Financial Office of Republic Slovenia.
- Your selling space has to be nicely decorated, animals and equipment must be securely installed, selling space must not smell, etc. If you need extra light, bring it with. Please bring a table-cloth for your selling space.
- For moving your selling program, various materials, heaters, lighting, cables etc., you need to take care yourself (everything you need to operate on that day).
- Animals can’t be brought inside the expo place in the time the expo is already going on.
- It is not allowed to sell animals or equipment in front of the expo area.
- In case of damage to the equipment or animal, the blame-consequence is attributed to the one that caused the damage.
- If an animal escapes and result in an injury, damage or the escape provokes any other legal consequences, the consequences are attributed to the one that caused the damage. If there is no information about who caused the problem, damage or, oth., the guilt lies upon the exhibitor.
- It is forbidden to touch the animals. In case the injury is caused by touching an animal (allergies, bites, etc.) the exhibitor carries the consequences.
- Selling animals to visitors younger than 16 years is strictly prohibited.
- Selling venomous animals to visitors younger than 18 years, is strictly prohibited.
- It is not allowed to take out animal from cages or boxes.
- It is not allowed to open animal cages or boxes.
- Opening animal cages/boxes of poisonous animals is strictly prohibited. The exhibitor will be immediately excluded from the event.
- Attending the expo is at your own risk.
- Smocking and entering the expo area with open drinks is forbidden.
Animal Boxes or cages must be labeled with information
- Name of the owner.
- Latin name of animals.
- Breeder information.
- Status according to the CITES list (EU Directive carts 338/97 (A and B)).
- Information on specific animal nature, food, handling, ...
- Recommended is to note the size of the fully grown animal.
It is prohibited to sell all animals without suitable information on the boxes, where animals are being held in or sold.
Some conditions when you sell an exotic animal:
- The exhibitor is responsible for the animals he is selling.
- Only healthy animals can be sold.
- Animals must be safely presented.
- Exhibitor must provide the basic information’s about the sold animal, to the new owner.
- Animals must be held in boxes/cages with, for them suitable living conditions (earth, wet towel, wooden base…) - if necessary, water and food.
- Animals from the CITES list, marked under (A), must be sold with a document.
- Animals from the CITES list, marked under (B) or are not on the list, do not need specific documents. Each buyer can ask the exhibitor for the certificate of origin. Please give them such a document when asked for. We will send you such a document. Have some copies ready on the expo.
- In case, the animals have no papers, escape, are sick... Please let us know as soon as possible.
- To open boxes, cages ecs, of poisonous animals is strictly forbidden. The exhibitor is immediately excluded from the expo.
- It is forbidden to sell animals, which have been removed from the wild!
- Exhibitor must provide the basic informations about the sold animal, to the buyer.
- Breeders of indigenous or non-indigenous animals must have a license for breeding.
- Labeling of animals: Microchip ring, description - mammals, birds, reptiles, which are listed in Annex A to Council Regulation (EC) No 338/97 and included in parent breeding stock, animal species listed in Annex B to Regulation 338/97 and appendix 1 of the Decree on protected and wild animal species.
The exception, when the animal does not have to be labeled: If it is lighter than 200 grams, the young turtles(the so-called plastron) is less than 100mm long.
- Sale of terrestrial turtles (Testudinidae) with appropriate documents is ALLOWED. Animal species Astrochelys radiata, Astrochelys yniphora, Chelonoidis nigra, Gopherus flavomarginatus, Malacochers TORNIER, Psammobates geometricus, Pyxis arachnoides, Pyxis planicauda, Testudo graeca, Testudo hermanni, Testudo kleinmanni and Testudo marginata can be sold only with a valid EU certificate.
- Selling chameleons with appropriate documents is ALLOWED. Animal species Brookesia and Chamaeleo chamaeleon perarmata can be sold only with a valid EU certificate.
- Selling boas with appropriate documents is ALLOWED. Animal species Acrantophis spp. (All types), Boa constrictor occidentalis, Epicrates inornatus, Epicrates monensis, Epicrates subflavus, Eryx jaculus and Sanzinia madagascariensis to be sold only with a valid EU certificate.
- Selling indigenous protected species with appropriate documents is ALLOWED. The sale of such animal must be accompanied by a certificate SI.
- Animals which are protected under the CITES convention and listed in Annex B of Council Regulation (EC) No 338/97 may be sold without the endorsement.
- Animals must be individually packed.
- Animals, which must be in a moist area, should be kept in such condition.
- Water animals must be sold in water. (The water must be clean when the animal is sold).
- Mammals must be sold in adequate accommodation with a reasonable basis. You can only sell healthy animals.
- Animals must be safely presented. We do not recommend taping the boxes on the table with dut-tape. It is more suitable to fix a barrier on the front edge of the selling space-table.
Which animals need to have special marking;
According to the Rules on marking of wild animals in captivity(Official Gazette 58/2004):
- Annex Council Regulation (EC) No. 338/97 on the protection of wild fauna and flora.
- Annex1 of the Decree on protected wild animal species.
- Some species of birds.
- Animals in Annex B of Council Regulation (EC) No 338/97, which are included in the parent group of animals in breeding.
Box sizes / internal fittings for the animals during the expo:
- Lizard cage/box must be the length: at least 100% of the body length of the animal (including tail).
- Amphibian’s cage/box must have the size; at least 150% of their body length.
- Snakes cage/box must be the length: at least 50% of the length of the animals.
- Turtles cage/box must be the length: at least 200% of the size of the animals shell.
- Mouse and rats must have basic living conditions (water, food, adequate basis). In the cage/box there should not be more than 6 animals at the same time (there are exceptions).
If you are selling frozen rats, mice, ... and you need permission for doing so-in your country, bring the papers with you to the expo.
In the case, that you notice wrong doing by other exhibitors, please inform us as soon as possible, so we can intervene appropriately.
When buying a venomous snakes on SLO-EXO
- Immediately after purchase, you need to inform the security guard. He will escort the new owner out of the fair.
- It is forbidden to curry around the fair venomous snakes without a security guard provided by SLO-EXO.
- Selling poisonous snakes to minors is strictly prohibited (under 18).
- Opening of the boxes/cages of the venomous snakes is strictly forbidden!
- Visitors, who are under 16 years old, are not allowed into the section, where venomous snakes are sold - only when accompanied by parents or guardians.
- Visitors younger than 12 can’t enter the area where poisonous snakes are sold. Not even with parents or guardians.
Attention at transporting animals
(Each individual is responsible for the transport of animals to the expo).
In Slovenia, there are no laws regulating the transportation of exotic animals. They are only guidelines. Because of the potential complications in the case of police control, we recommend a transport document. In the case of a police control, it will help you and save you from. Attach the inventory list.
This is not an official document, but a composite text, which was made in our association STALGO exotic.
- Under the new law, it is not allowed to transport more than 5 animals at once, except when it is a commercial transport.
- Animals may only be transported with their owner.
- We recommend regular stops.
- Guidelines concerning the transportation of animals within the territory of the EU, require some kind of document, when the transport is longer than 55km (recommended).
- Animals that need a CITES documents, should have the document when transported.
THE EXPO RULES WILL BE STRICTLY APPLIED. WE WILL BE VERY RIGOROUSLY IN OBSERVING AND FOLLOWING THE RULES AND LAWS. WE WILL CHECK ALL PAPERS, DOCUMENTS, ECT, AND TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY, IF WE NOTICE ANY WRONG DOING. SO PLEASE STICK TO THE RULES OF THE FAIR AND LAWS OF SLOVENIA AND EU. ESPECIALLY ATTENTION WILL BE ON THE SUBJECT OF: THE SIZE OF INTERNAL FITTINGS, ANIMAL WELFARE AND CITES PAPER.